|AVQ1020 - ActiveCore® RF Layer Monitoring Receiver and Signal Analyzer|
DVB-S/S2 RF Layer Monitoring Receiver (AVQ1020DVBS)
- Monitoring and measurement of the RF modulated layer at the DVB-S/S2 transmitter output
- Real performance metrics of a DVB-S/S2 transmission system
- Cost effective solution for 24/7 remote monitoring DVB-S/S2 modulated RF signal quality at local and remote installations, re-broadcast links, repeaters and unmanned sites
- Comprehensive set of critical RF measurements including signal MER, frequency spectrum, shoulder attenuation, frequency shift, etc.
- Estimation of DVB-S/S2 signal distortions at the transmitter system output caused by the system non-linearity and band-path filtering
- Early indication of signal degradation as a result of the transmitter system components aging or operational parameters variations
- An embedded solution of remote applications, in-filed diagnostics, production testing and design verification
- Flexible solution with the in-filed upgrade capability including diagnostic and monitoring features that can be tuned to meet the most demanding requirements of customer's application
- Rich plotting capabilities for data visualization
- Event log
Based on Avateq's ActiveCore® Platform, AVQ1020DVBS is a DVB-S/S2 monitoring receiver and RF layer signal analyzer. It has been designed as an easy-to-use and cost-effective solution for 24/7 monitoring of QoS (Quality of Service) and transmitter systems performance. The receiver can be integrated into a transmitter system for remote monitoring applications or used as a stand-alone unit during design verification and production tests.
AVQ1020DVBS allows monitoring of the modulated and transmitted signal at the RF layer and reports DVB-S/S2 signal parameters in different modes and modulations.
In the context where broadcasters are more and more concerned about providing the highest QoS to the service subscribers and, at the same time, reducing their network OPEX costs and limiting impact on the environment, AVQ1020 ActiveCore® RF Layer Monitoring Receiver line of products addresses broadcasting industry today's the most demanding needs for monitoring and diagnostics.
The receiver allows not only monitoring broadcasting signal parameters but it also can be used for estimation and characterization of the transmitter system performance - distortions introduced by the amplification and filtering chains. This unique functionality allows the receiver to be also used for estimation of critical RF parameters of high power amplifier performance using real DVB-S/S2 modulated signals.
The ActiveCore monitoring receiver is available as a stand-alone unit (1U) and an OEM module.
Available Measurements and Metrics:
- Spectrum mask;
- Signal statistic: MER/EVM/SNR, C/N and Eb/No for a number of symbols and time slots, signal RMS, PAR, maximum peak value;
- Spectral measurements and shoulder attenuation;
- DVB-S/S2 signal bandwidth, modulation and constellation;
- Modulation Magnitude and Phase error estimation;
- Carrier frequency offset;
- DVB-S2 frame structure;
- Effects of the transmission system non-linearity in terms of AM-AM/AM-PM curves measured on the transmitted DVB-S/S2 signal;
- Linear distortions found in the output RF signal - signal-group delay and frequency response;
- Results of the non-linearity and linearity measurements recalculated in a form of complex LUT and FIR suitable for pre-correction;
- Complex channel estimation for re-transmitting applications;
- Multipath echo and feedback interference detection, estimation and visualization;
- Echo profile.
|Main signal input "RF in", 2 ports:
||50 Ohm, SMA
||-50 .. 0 dBm
||100 .. 2150 MHz
|Frequency tuning step:
||50 Ohm, SMA, 1Vp-p, sine
|Control and Monitor ports:
||10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet
||Dry contacts (x2)
|1U stand-alone unit:
||110-250V, 50/60 Hz AC
||0 .. 50, °C
||9" x 8" x 1.75"
|1U stand-alone unit:
||19" x 13" x 1.75"
||Bandwidth, Frequency shift, Peak-to-Average Power, Shoulder Attenuation
- Eb/N0, STED, STEM;
- Magnitude and Phase Errors*;
- Signal PAR, dB;
- DVB-S2 framing structure
||- AM-AM, AM-PM curve;
- Output complex LUT array is available for DAP.
||- Amplitude and Phase response;
- Output complex FIR coefficients available for DAP.
|Default set of alarms:
||- Spectrum shoulder levels;
- Signal MER/SNR;
- Signal max Group Delay;
- Spectrum tilt/ripple.
|Application specific alarm events:
||User defined set of parameters and their thresholds
- AM-AM, AM-PM;
- Channel Amplitude and Phase responses;
- Group Delay;
||- WEB GUI;
- host based GUI (PC GUI)
- SNMP agent;
- Simplified machine-to-machine protocol;
- Event and Alarm log.
* - Accuracy is subject to symbol rate/signal bandwidth
- DVB-S/S2 transmitter/repeater performance and 24/7 QoS monitoring
- Intellegent transmitting site controller platform
- Remote monitoring platform for transmitter/repeater system network
- Test and design verification equipment
- DVB-S/S2 signal analyzer for a wide variety of applications
- In-field and production testing